Police: Couple overdosed with kids present at Troy motel


An overdose can be scary for anyone. However, children seeing their parents lying on the ground after they haveĀ overdosed, can be horrifying!!! St.Louis Post Dispatch reports a couple in Troy, Missouri overdosing in front of children.

A man and his girlfriend have been arrested after authorities say they apparently overdosed on prescription drugs while the man’s 3-year-old and 5-year-old kids were present.

Emergency personnel were called to a motel room Saturday after one of the children told a person staying in another room that her dad was sick and needed help. According to court records, a 40-year-old man was found on the floor and a 33-year-old woman was on the bed, both apparently unconscious.


Troy police spokesman Det. Tony Stewart said prescription pill bottles were on a table and dresser within reach of the children.

Read more here.

If you enjoyed this post, or found it informative, please consider sharing it!

Comments are closed.